|NOW OPEN for the 2013-2014 Tobogganing Season!
FEATURING A TOBOGGAN LIFT
The toboggan lift is used to carry the toboggans up to the top of the chutes. The toboggans are loaded and unloaded by Chalet Staff.
Hours of Operation
Open the day after Thanksgiving, Friday November 29, 2013 through March 9, 2014
- Thursdays (January [excluding January 2, 2014], February and March): 6 – 10 p.m.
- Fridays: 6 p.m.–10:30 p.m.
- Saturdays: Noon–10:30 p.m.
- Sundays: Noon–5 p.m.
- Holidays: Click for Hours
- Adult (all-day ticket): $10
- Child 11 and Younger (all-day ticket): $8
- One-Ride Ticket: $4
- School and College ID Night starts January 9, 2014: Thursdays, $7 with school ID
A season pass is available at a cost of $40 for adults and $30 for children 11 and younger. A discount on season passes is available through December 24. A family pass for up to four individuals is available.
New for 2013 – Receive a gift pack with each season pass purchased through December 24, 2013. Limit one gift pack per season pass purchased. Gift packs must be picked up at the Chalet. You may pick up your gift pack when you purchase your season pass or upon your first visit.
A $4 one-time ride ticket is also available. Group rates ($1 off per person for groups of 20 or more) are available for tobogganing during public hours and must be scheduled at least two weeks in advance.
Private rental of the Chalet, including the toboggan chutes, is available during non-public hours.
Tobogganing may be canceled due to weather and/or ice conditions. No rainchecks or refunds.
*Weather Permitting — If temperatures exceed 50 degrees, there is heaving rain or varying weather conditions tobogganing may be cancelled or hours of operation changed.
For Daily Weather or Operation Updates Please call (440) 572-9990 and press option 6. We will also post closings or changed operating hours on Cleveland Metroparks Facebook page as weather or operating conditions dictate.
The toboggan lift is used to carry the toboggans up to the top of the chutes. The toboggans are loaded and unloaded by Chalet Staff. Riders will still need to walk up the stairs to the top of the hill to ride the toboggan chutes.
No other items or people will be transported by the toboggan lift.
Riders must carry toboggans to the top of hill, in the event the toboggan lift is not operating.
Rules and Regulations:
- Children 11 and younger must be accompanied by an adult.
- All children must be at least 42 inches tall to ride.
- All riders must wear gloves or mittens. (Heavy gloves recommended)
- Cleveland Metroparks is not responsible for injuries or personal property.
- For your protection, height and safety requirements will be enforced.
- No outside food or beverage permitted inside Chalet building
- Ticket sales end one hour before closing
- Riders must carry toboggans to the top of the hill, in the event the toboggan lift is not operating
Private Toboggan Rental Non-Public Hours
Private rental entitles your group to exclusive use of the Chalet Recreation Area for a toboggan party. Rental times are offered only during non-public hours.
- 4-hour private rental 1-100 riders: $650
- 3-hour private rental 1-100 riders: $550
- Riders over first 100 riders: $5 each
- Early Entry (set-up only, as available): $50/hour
- After-event use of building $75/hour
Popular Private Toboggan Non-Public Rental Time Slots
- Saturday & Sunday, EARLY BIRD, 8–11 a.m.
- Sunday, EVENING HOURS, 6–9 p.m., or 6–10 p.m.
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday EVENING HOURS
(Not available during holiday hours)
5–9 p.m. or 6–10 p.m.
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday DAY HOURS
(not available during holiday hours)
9 a.m.–1 p.m.
10 a.m.–2 p.m.
11 a.m.–3 p.m.
Private groups may bring food into the Chalet or arrangements can be made prior to your event to have a buffet served. NO ALCOHOL PERMITTED.
Small-Group Party Rental
(January [excluding Jan 2, 2014], February, March)
THURSDAY NIGHTS ONLY, during public hours. Bring a group of 30–50 riders and receive a discounted rate and 3 reserved tables. Food must be purchased from concession. MUST BE BOOKED AT LEAST TWO WEEKS IN ADVANCE.
30 riders - $250*
*additional riders over 30 up to 50 - $5 each
For more information or to make reservations, call 440-572-9990.
Small-Group Party Rental - minimum 30 riders, maximum 50 riders.